Friday, August 7, 2009

Water That We Take For Granted


Water After Cleaning

Today I have to go out of our fortress because I ran out of drinking water and I have to fetch four pail of water by wife brought with her in Beluran. Everybody had warn me not to go our using Kg Rungus road since there are hooligans making a blockade on the road. According to some contractors the slashing machete was also laid on the road.

Upon reaching the blockade I saw no machete but two 2'' by 4" planks was laid across the road. There was three cars with around 13 people guarding. Some of them start to shout bad words and instigating others to join in.

I switched the car off and alighted. I asked them why is that log on the road. I heard a woman voice saying that it was a reminder not to speed-up when passing their area. I told them that I never did so they let me go through. But I can sense their hatred towards us the developer. Therefore I decided to return to estate tomorrow morning when everybody is asleep.

That was the consequences of ramming the villager house when our surveyor loose control of his vehicle after someone throw stones at him while driving by.

Back to the water problem, all these while we drank rainwater in our tank. The water discoloration worsen as day pass by. Until one day when the shitty smell cannot be tolerated anymore we send our clerk to have a look. She took these picture and netted out the insects from the tanks. We SEE several, yuck, shit bugs (a Coleoptera which loves to play with wild animal dung, and even human and dog feaces).
Our Clerk Climbs the Roof

Several Bugs Afloat

Since that we have to take water from clean sources. Mostly we have to buy outside. But how to go outside if there are people waiting to beat us. Today I gamble my er... life.

No comments:

Post a Comment